Here at Complete Install Renewable Energies we offer many types of water treatments, from testing for Legionella, power-flushing household heating systems or installing water softeners.
Power Flushing & Domestic Central Heating
Legislation states minimum provisions for new systems in existing dwellings:
- Central heating systems should be thoroughly cleaned and flushed before installing a new boiler.
- During final filling of the system, a chemical water treatment formulation should be added to the primary circuit to control corrosion and the formation of scale and sludge.
- Where the mains water hardness exceeds 200 parts per million, provisions should be made to treat the feed water to water heaters and hot water circuit of combination boilers to reduce the accumulation of lime scale.
(Domestic heating compliance guide as referred to in part L building regulations)
Signs to look out for when your system needs a power flush
If your central heating system has any of the following symptoms, it probably needs a power flush:
- Radiator water is dirty
- System is slow to heat up
- Radiators need frequent bleeding
- Boiler failure or lockout
- Boiler noise
- Pump failure
- Pump noise
- Some radiators are partially or completely cold
- Blocked radiators
- Pinhole leaks from radiators
Benefits of a power flush in an existing system
- Reduced fuel bill (up to 25%)
- Improved central heating efficiency
- Removal of sludge
- Cleans the whole system, e.g. radiators, pipe work and boiler
- Increases pump life
- Quicker heat up times
- Reduces boiler noise
- Stops hydrogen gases building up which then causes radiator corrosion
Water Treatments in Renewable Technologies
As with a domestic central heating systems, renewable energy systems such as solar thermal panels and ground source heat pumps also benefit from keeping the fluids maintained. This can be done with a simple PH dip test.
Heat transfer fluids, which combine anti-freeze and protector/inhibitor properties, are especially formulated for high temperature solar applications and can work in both the liquid and gaseous phases. Solar fluids can also provide frost protection to safeguard the installation.
Heat Pump Fluids
Heat transfer fluids, developed for use in heat pumps, are formulated to offer protection against corrosion, lime scale and bacterial contamination. Depending on the specific product and formulation they also provide frost protection and are PH stable.
If you would like to arrange for water treatment or system power flush please call us on 020 8658 5122 or e-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org. From your requirements we will be able to provide you with a quote for any recommended works.